Thursday, May 3, 2018 / by Hunter Habib
The Spring selling season is coming to an end and for some, that means heading back up north as evidenced by the lighter traffic on the road. However, this does not mean that buyers are no longer looking! A recent Realtor.com report (Realtor.com) showed that in the month of March 2018, there were over 2 million listing page view for the Bonita Springs and Estero area alone! Now, if we add Naples and Ft. Myers to that – wow! So, if you’re thinking of listing your home for sale but are unsure because of the summer season, there are plenty of reasons to list now. Aside the fact, that our region has numerous listing views via online portals, such as Realtor.com, but also because buyers who are looking this time of year are serious! And sellers who list this time of year are also very motivated. And, because some do not list during this time, the competition is less! Take advantage of those points and go ahead and list it! Lastly, on this point, if you do list now, make sure your home is priced to market. An overpriced property will get little to no offers any time of year in this market!
For sellers, additional information you may find helpful are the current absorption rates. The absorption rate is the rate at which available homes are sold in a specific real estate market during a given time period. It is calculated by dividing the total number of available homes by the average number of sales per month. The figure shows how many months it will take to exhaust the supply of homes on the market. Absorption rates are also helpful in determining the time it will take to sell a home. For example, a high absorption rate may indicate that the supply of available homes will shrink rapidly, increasing the odds that a homeowner will sell a piece of property in a shorter period of time. Of course, these conditions vary from market to market as well, especially in the Southwest Florida market where we have some unique characteristics. Another great tool our team offers is an online page showing the market’s absorption rates, which is updated monthly! Visit HERE to check it out! Be sure to consult with your real estate agent on these absorption rates before making and purchase or sale decisions!
For buyers, now is a great time to buy! There are still many choices, especially in new construction communities, but make sure you have your real estate agent with you when looking at homes. Upgrades, pricing and many other attributes are negotiable in a new construction home transaction. Without your real estate agent involved, you could be leaving money on the table. Additionally, if your transaction includes financing, you may want to act sooner than later, as rates are going up. Take advantage of the lower rates while you still can!
If you are selling or buying this summer, and you’re unsure as where to start, let Team Michael Burke help you develop a winning strategy, ensuring the best possible outcome. Here is a handy list of unique sales tools we provide our buying and selling clients. Whether buying or selling, our tools are PROVEN to help you get the most from your transaction!
· Absorption rates which is updated monthly! Visit HERE to check it out!
· Detailed Market Analysis – Get active, pending, and all sold properties near your home or within your community within the past six months, as well as average sale price and the average days on market and more right HERE!
· New Streamlined Communications System – Our client resources and tools now reside on a dedicated server, making your experience faster and more convenient than ever! No other real estate team in Southwest Florida has the technical tools we have dedicated to serve you!
· Monthly Market Report. Let us present you with the most accurate data about your neighborhood including closed and active home sales.
· Property Value Calculator. Not sure what your carrying costs will be? Check out our Property Value Calculator to find out how much carrying costs will impact your selling price.
· Website Online Chat. Chat with our team in real time to get your questions answered now!
· Elite Seller Feedback System – Take advantage of my sophisticated and exclusive system that provides valuable feedback from your showings via email, so you know what buyers are thinking.
· Interactive Home Illustration - Give buyers what they want to see with professional images and videos of your home!
· Superior Marketing Plan - Our marketing plan is unlike all others in this market! It will maximize exposure and get top dollar for your home.
· Updated Easy-to-read eMail Template - You’ll be able to review our messages and quickly access such as our featured listings, market reports, and quick links to various communities and all of our exclusive market tools!
Let us help guide you through current market conditions and assist in making the best decisions for the purchase or sale of your Southwest Florida property!
D. Michael Burke
Keller Williams Elite Realty
26381 S. Tamiami Trail, Suite 300
Bonita Springs, FL 34134